Educational technology change
Activity to consider
Educational Technology Change in the Next 10 Years?
Consider the changes that have happened in information technology
during the past 10 years... ubiquitous cell phones, growth in
information storage in smaller devices (ipods, digital cameras),
increase in the number of people using and contributing knowledge
on the internet (pod casting, wikipedias, personal web sites),
ubiquitous GPS, online shopping, eBay, Google....
- Review the following perspectives:
- Add your reflections on future changes in technology to your
- Pick at least 4 web sites (at least 2 educational) that you
consider to the best of the web currently. Include these links under
the appropriate standards in your portfolio.
- Pick at least 2 web sites (at least 1 educational) that are
predictors of what is to coming in terms of technology. Note the
web site may describe a new or rapidly changing technology.
Include these links under the appropriate standards in your
- In your philosophy of teaching, describe how technology will
change and whether or not these changes will influence the way that
you teach? If so how?
Slides from John Selly Brown talk at USC
On Instructional Design