Doctoral Program Planning for Educational Technology Focus
Written Doctoral Program Plan
Students admitted to doctoral programs in the School of Education are required to file with the Graduate Office a program of study leading to the doctoral degree before completion of one year post Master's enrollment or 12 credit hours of doctoral work have been completed (whichever comes first). This includes pre-aspirancy, as well as aspirancy status doctoral students. The program of study must be signed by all members of the student's advisory committee. Students completing 12 hours without having a program of study on file, will not be permitted to enroll until such time as a program has been filed.
Students Advisory Committee
A student's advisory committee composed of at least three Graduate Faculty members and chaired by the student's advisor. A Graduate Faculty member from the Educational Leadership and Policy Studies Department holding right to chair doctoral dissertations, will be appointed no later than the first semester of enrollment as a doctoral student. Where a minor area(s) is part of the doctoral program, a Graduate Faculty member from the minor area will be included on the advisory committee.
Posting your PhD Planning Web
All Educational Technology doctoral students are required to maintain and update a personal Doctoral Planning site.
- Download and edit this checklist page indicating dates completed or the proposed dates when you will complete items.
Use this exact format for your PhD checklist: PhD Planning Checklist.
Use a 4 digit code (2 digits for the semester and 2 digit for year to indicate the semester when you have or will complete a course.
For example, FA12 for Fall of 2012; SP13 for Spring of 2013; SU14 for Summer of 2014.
- Post your planning page on your KU web space with this URL format:
- Keep your doctoral planning page as brief as possible with links only to the most
- Pleae do not email large files to your advisor or committee. Post completed and edited documents to your planning page and follow up with email notifications of your posting.
- Notify your advisor by email when you have completed major updates to your planning web site such as completing your Residency Requirement posting The Human Subjects review applications. The following documents must be approved by your advisor prior to distributing to your committee: Your Program Plan, Exam Responses, Dissertation Proposal and Final Dissertation. Your adivsor will notifiy your committee when these items are ready for review.
The University of Kansas prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disability, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, and genetic information in the university’s programs and activities. Retaliation is also prohibited by university policy. The following persons have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies and are the Title IX coordinators for their respective campuses: Executive Director of the Office of Institutional Opportunity & Access, IOA@ku.edu, 1246 West Campus Road, Room 153A, Lawrence, KS 66045, 785-864-6414, 711 TTY (for the Lawrence, Edwards, Parsons, Yoder, and Topeka campuses); Director, Equal Opportunity Office, Mail Stop 7004, 4330 Shawnee Mission Parkway, Fairway, KS 66205, 913-588-8011, 711 TTY (for the Wichita, Salina, and Kansas City, Kansas, medical center campuses).